Sunday, November 2, 2008

November and warm weather




I will take it! Warm weather in November...no problem. Halloween night was very enjoyable. I stood outside by a nice fire pit and handed out candy to trick-or-treaters. Copper would have tried to knock over the door each time so it was easier on her for me to be outside. I enjoyed having a nice night out before it gets colder.


We have been having family discussions for the last few nights - grabbing questions out of a container that was given to me at Aidan's school's open house before school started. Anyway, one question was what do you want to be when you grow up. Aidan (as of late) responded he wants to be a cop. (For the last year it has been a Marine Biologist). When we asked Jonah and Aurora - their response was a monkey. Yep my kids have great aspirations of growing up to be monkeys. I guess I shouldn't complain, at least no one wants to be a car!!


Also, we had a wonderful time this last week meeting up with some families in the Twin Cities area. One family was celebrating their anniversary of their Gotcha Day! It was special to share in their day and their memories. The kids had fun - we went to an indoor inflatable jumping place. Note to self, Aurora seems to get bloody noses easily. I think it took her about 5 minutes and some how she bonked her nose and got a bloody nose jumping around. Did not phase her - however I sat close by to make sure it didn't happen again. :)


We now have two days noted on our chalkboard - one for when Heather comes for a visit and the other when we leave to go to Nanna and Pappa's!


For those who have known about Copper, she is doing much better. Our dog was very very sick and may still be sick, but she miraculously took a turn for the better and we are taking it day by day right now.


Happy Fall thoughts to everyone....who will get the first snow?? It doesn't count until it sticks on the ground. :)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Thanks for spending part of Charlotte's Forever Family Day with us! It was great seeing you. Jonah is such a doll, and Aurora is a cutie - I am glad her bloody nose did not phase her! She just wanted to keep playing!