Sunday, March 23, 2008

We sign papers today!!

First of all - I am so sorry I have not posted since I left for China. I finally got a chance to post in the hotel we are at in Xi'an. I will not be able to post pictures unless I find a card reader - no USB cord with. Anyway, Beijing was a cultural lesson cramed into 2 days. We had a great time - nice to get to know other couples before you get your babies. I was glad we got there a day early - the extra tour was well worth it. Beijing weather was hazy and cool. We arrived in Xi'an Sunday morning. It was sunny and beautiful!! I was not expecting the area to be so beautiful. We went past farm fields and green trees!! Just to see color has been wonderful. We got our daughter yesterday evening at about 5pm. She has been in a daze ever since. She slept okay...just wish I could get her to let go of some emotion. She is beautiful and tall!! Some of my 2 T did not fit around her wrist and ankles. She finally said something like "hi" today. I got her to smile and she is such a different person when she smiles. She eats everything...loves playing with the car I brought her...oh-oh!:) Another car player. She is very quiet. I have been spending time keeping things quiet...letting her take her time to start expressing herself. She has a small cold and I know she got car sick yesterday - they had to travel 7 hours to get here. Poor thing. She has the sweetest giggle when you get her to laugh. I just got a book translated from the director of the orphanage...it was something I had sent ahead to have them filled out. What a treasure...so many thing I thought I wouldn't know are in this book. I know her first word and when she got her first tooth...I know she was in foster care with a mom and dad and big sister. This has been the first mention of this. I know she loves to be hugged and touched and that she likes to sleep on her back. I know of all the things - she loves the outdoors! All these things make me cry - what a treasure. Words just can not express.

She is asleep right now. I can not be too long. But I wanted to give everyone back home some type of news. I miss Peter and the boys. I wish they were here but at the same time - I know we would be a mess. Looking forward to coming home. I sign papers at 1:30 today. Then we will be the parents of Aurora Mengxue Scott. Love to all!! Sarah

5 comments:

Kate's Proud Mommy said...

Praising God with you today Sarah!! Wishing like crazy that I could see pics of her in your arms...but happy to know she is there. (: Thankful for the smiles and giggles you've gotten. Cars?!? Sounds like she'll fit in great with the boys. Give her a big hug for me. All of you are in my prayers. Love&hugs!!!! Karin

dmalosh said...

Sarah, your description of Aurora is so touching. I'm so excited to have her as part of our family and I can't wait to see you all. Miriam is excited to meet her new cousin. Love, Amy

Maddy and Zeke's Mom said...

Congrats! That is so awesome that you got your sweet daughter. Can't wait to see pictures.

A said...

Congratulations on your daughter! I am so excited for you. Can't wait to see pictures. Enjoy your time in China - it goes way too fast.

Amy S.

Tracy said...

Amaazing! CONGRATULATIONS on getting your sweet girl. She does sound so sweet and cute. I am sure she will continue to come out of her shell. Too funny that she enjoys playing with cars, too! That's great since she has brothers! How wonderful to have that info about her life, too.

I hope the rest of yourtrip continues to go well! Enjoy Shamian Island when you get there - it's very idyllic.

Tracy